September 14, 2019
- if you want me to BBQ some cool Bulgarian shit, send me a note.
- if you want some cat photos, send me a note.
- if you want photos of beer, send me a note.
- if you want to call me an asshole, send me a note.
- if you have any questions about living in Europe, especially in BG, send me a note.
- if you want to know what it’s like living in a place that people come to vacation, send me a note.
As I was growing up in Winnipeg my teenage thoughts were continually filled with dreams and life missions. I planned to sneak out one quiet summer evening then with my saved up paper route earnings catch a direct bus to the California coast where Alisa Milano (my automatic girlfriend at the time) would be waving me through the open sunroof into her red 930 series Porsche 911 Turbo. On the Alpine tape player, Eddy Money’s “take me home tonight” would be playing full blast as it frequently was in my cheap SAAN headphones back in Manitoba.
Eddie Money died today at 70 from esophageal cancer, he was a lifelong smoker.